The Ambient Range Extender is designed to measure the air temperature in environments with metal surfaces. It lifts the sensor from the surface and measures the temperature in such a way that the temperature reading is not the surface temperature but rather the ambient air temperature.
As metal adversely affects radio range as well, it has a built-in range extender that gives a 2x to 4x range improvement.
- Faster and simpler installation
- Good range and robust connectivity in challenging environments
- Correct temperature readings of the ambient temperature, as opposed to the surface temperature
- Cooler boxes
- Cold storage facilities
- Ventilation systems
Installation in cold environments
Attaching a sensor using the tape on the back in cold environments can result in the sensor not sticking immediately. If this happens, we suggest the following:
- Increase the temperature of the tape and the surface for mounting
- Use a different adhesive that is specifically engineered and designed to work in cold temperatures.