Studio uses Server-Sent Events (SSE) to stream live updates of sensor data to the browser. SSE is part of the W3C web standards, and communication is through port 443.
If the Identify Sensor by touch function or live sensor animations do not work as expected in Studio, it could be due to:
- Network security products blocking the standard web protocols
- Aggressive anti-virus products trying to proxy all HTTP traffic
- Firewall or anti-virus products blocking long-lasting TCP connections
In the case of the reasons above, you can see the following banner.
If you experience issues with updates in Studio, there are a few things that you can check:
- Use Studio on a different network, for example connecting through your mobile phone or a guest network
- Use Studio on your mobile phone through cellular
- Use Studio on a personal computer connected to the company network
- Check our status page for service issues
If all of the above reasons have been ruled out, please contact our support team for further assistance.