The Ambient Range Extender is designed to measure the air temperature in environments with metal surfaces. It lifts the sensor from the surface such that the temperature reading is not the surface temperature but rather the ambient air temperature.
As metal also adversely affects radio range, it has a built-in range extender that gives a 2x to 4x range improvement.
- Faster and simpler installation
- Good range and robust connectivity in challenging environments
- Correct temperature readings of the ambient temperature, as opposed to the surface temperature
- Chiller boxes
- Cold storage facilities
- Ventilation systems
Installation in cold environments
When attaching using the tape on the back in cold environments, you can experience that it will not stick immediately. If this happens, we suggest the following:
- Increase the temperature of the tape and the surface for mounting
- Use a different adhesive that is specifically engineered and designed to work in cold temperatures